The New Hampshire Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (NHRID) “recognizes the minority status of Deaf people and the long history of linguistic and cultural oppression they have endured. We therefore publicly proclaim our respect and support for Deaf people’s right to self determination and true communication access” (CIT, 1992).
Benefits of Membership
NHRID’s primary goal is to encourage the professional development of interpreters. We fulfill this goal by:
- advocating for the advancement of the interpreting profession
- lobbying for key legislation in the NH State Legislature on bills affecting Deaf rights and the interpreting profession
- providing workshop opportunities for interpreters in an effort to promote the advancement of interpreting skills
- educating the public on the use of interpreters and ethical standards of the profession
- providing opportunities for networking with colleagues